2011 Year in Review for BOT
Each new year, we take some time to reflect on the previous year's achievements and activity at Bright Orange Thread.
In 2011, the Bright Orange Thread team…
- Saw 725,000+ Page Visits across Client Sites
- Launched 18 Websites/Microsites
- Welcomed 17 New Clients
- Branched into Mobile Design
- Launched Chunkify!
- Presented 7 Seminars / Talks / Webinars
Saw 725,000+ Page Visits across Client Sites
Thanks to Google Analytics, we can easily track visitor activity and demographics!
Launched 18 Websites/Microsites
Here's some of our work:
An information portal with Event Registration and Online Training Programs. CYM can build their own training slides and quizzes for online training.
A microsite based on the CMS's multi-site feature, which allows staff to manage content for both sites with great ease.
User-friendly design and Information Architecture (IA) created an overall better user experience for visitors.
A complete lead generation website.
Worked with cost-conscious client to build a strong 8-page website that feels like a lot more.
It's a pleasure to grow with a client! Serviam clearly had changed gears and were happy to work with BOT for a complete revamp of their website.
Demonstrates the power of short and sweet.
Misc. Work for Clients
Website improvements don't stop with design! We do it all for clients. In 2011 we were busy with a lot of various web work including:
- eNewsletters / Email Templates
- Logo Updates and Refreshes
- Landing Pages
- Google Adword Campaigns
- 3rd Party Online Donation Systems
- Shopping Carts and e-Commerce Systems
- Case Studies / Copywriting for Clients
Welcomed 17 New Clients
We look forward to working with a whopping 17 new BOT clients! Here’s a breakdown of the type of clients we'll be working with:
- 4 Non Profit Organizations
- 5 Business to Consumer (B2C)
- 8 Business to Business (B2B)
Branched into Mobile Design
If you follow us on Facebook or Twitter, you may have noticed a bunch of posts about mobile web design throughout the year. That's because the number of people using mobile devices to view websites is skyrocketing! Browsing a website on a much smaller scale can prove to be difficult, especially considering that most mobile users want to perform just a few tasks, like finding contact information or hours of operation.
Mobile Site for Mt. Cuba Center
We developed a 'stripped down' version of Mt. Cuba Center's website that helps mobile visitors accomplish basic tasks with great ease. In addition to quickly finding visitor and contact information, users can search for plant information in the Native Plant Finder and view the center’s Event Calendar.
How many of your visitors are browsing your website from a mobile device?
Your site's analytics will tell you! If you want to learn more about what’s involved in mobile web design, get in touch with us!
A fun and easy way to learn 'writing for the web' best practices!
Over the summer, we launched Chunkify! – an interactive web page that gives users the power to transform long, hard-to-read copy into scannable, user-friendly web page copy with the click of their mouse.
Presented 7 Seminars / Talks / Webinars
Traveling everywhere from Philadelphia to Washington, D.C., BOT gave some great talks on the issues we know best:
- Writing for the Web
- Social Media Marketing for Small Businesses
- Everyday Usability or Think Like a Consumer: How "usability" helps you meet your consumers' expectations
- Email Marketing: Is it still working for you?
- Web Designer Litmus Test
- What makes a good website?
- Choosing a Content Management System
Special Olympics Delaware (SODE)
SODE has been our pro-bono client since 2009. Each year we continue to make improvements to their website, and in 2011 we implemented a number of new features, including powerful Event Registration with payment processing.
Read our 'Best of 2011' Blog Posts
Catch up (or re-read) some of our best blog articles from 2011!
- Keep visitors coming to your site with fresh content
- Business + Facebook: Be social!
- Change is relentless… Is your website out of date?
- 3 Things your SEO Consultant Should Be Doing (or fire them!)
- Chunkify! Watch a web page transform itself with each click
- 5 Landing Page Mistakes that Hurt Conversion
- Making a Facebook Page: 5 Basic Steps
Phew! What a year.
It's only the 3rd of January, but it looks like 2012 is shaping up to be another busy, exciting year for Bright Orange Thread!