New Website Increases Event Attendance and Reduces Costs for Special Olympics Delaware
For Special Olympics Delaware, a non-profit dedicated to promoting athletic events for individuals with intellectual disabilities, its website is the primary engine for attracting participants and supporters alike. But the site’s confusing navigation and structure was turning off potential donors, volunteers, parents and athletes. Worse, exasperated web visitors would instead call in, straining the organization’s limited staff and budget.
The client challenged Bright Orange Thread to create a site that would:
- Make information more accessible and keep it current
- Increase online registration for upcoming events
- Reduce costs
Bright Orange Thread Solution
After examining the current site and consulting with the client, BOT developed a new site, in just four months, that:
- Centralized information for athletes and supporters
- Incorporated an events calendar that emails participants regularly about upcoming events and other news
- Provided easy online registration for events
- Facilitated updating, eliminating the need to hire staff with technical skills
Thanks to BOT, Special Olympics Delaware’s met its goals for event registration and attendance. The site’s improved structure, up-to-date events calendar, and email marketing feature allowed Special Olympics Delaware to reduce incoming phone queries and traditional newsletter mailings, thus saving significant money and manpower.