Follow Web Standards as a Best Practice for Building Websites
Is your site up to standards? Research shows that following current web standards can impact the success of your site. Since Bright Orange Thread designs with these web guidelines in mind, we figured we’d tell you a little bit more about them.
Key recommendations for building a site include:
- Structuring page content with Semantic HTML or XHTML
- Formatting page design with CSS
- Following common semantic, accessibility, and validation practices
Why standardize your site? Following current web standards helps:
- Ensure that your site loads properly across compliant browsers
- Create simplified, well-structured and properly-formatted code for search engines to digest
What it boils down to is this: sites created with web standards in mind cost less to design and maintain, reach more users, load faster, and last longer.