Website’s Automated Updates Keep Small Town Library in Touch with Community
Selbyville Public Library, in rural southern Delaware, houses a broad collection of materials and hosts a variety of events designed to appeal to kids, teens and adults. The Board of Directors wanted a website that would promote the library’s agenda, and keep the community informed.
The client asked BOT to redesign its website in order to:
- Facilitate communication between the library and its audiences
- Automate library processes
- Update the community about upcoming events
- Build excitement and demand for new arrivals
Bright Orange Thresd Solution
After consulting with the library’s Board, BOT mapped an approach that greatly improved the website’s functionality. The website solution:
- Added a robust search feature enabling visitors to browse the entire Delaware Library catalog
- Allowed visitors to register online for library events or sign up for the library newsletter
- Utilized BOT’s OrangeFresh technology to automate calendar updates and send emails
- Linked visitors to the statewide network to reserve and renew books online, thus giving Selbyville librarians more time to serve members
Since the new website launched, library membership and event attendance are on the rise.